Monday, November 10, 2014

Stuff

As I sit and listen to the humming of the city streets in my "ivory castle" in the suburbs, I am reminded of how infinitely blessed I am. Just sitting here. Not spending money or eating some ridiculously amazing meal (chocolate would be good), but just sitting in this little vintage chair, in its chipped and peeled glory. 
I can't imagine being in a country where I feel scared to be at home. In countries that are under attack and persecuted for having a Bible in their home, here I am just sitting in peace. 
Prayerfully, I know that God is in control and that He will provide and protect, however I feel very dissatisfied with "stuff" that I have either collected or thought I needed. I feel immediately at a loss for the wasted time I have spent on unneeded whining over ridiculous meaningless arguments with people when I could have used that time with those in need. 

This place is a self centered field of wants, needs and desires that I have played in. I thought I needed the next new thing or that another party would bring some kind of fulfillment in my life. It doesn't. It won't and it never will. 
It is the learning to love others and making sacrifices to give things away that you treasure; knowing that they are treasured by someone else, more than you could imagine. 
Blessing a family with new socks and jackets. Watching a mom smile and cry because her kids get some new shoes. 

As I "sit" here, I wonder whom I will meet, whom I will come to serve. This "stuff" isn't my stuff and my needs have been met and my wants are unnecessary. 

It is the true stuff in our hearts that matter and I want my heart to be someone else's cherished "stuff". 

In love in Him.. Amen 













No comments:

Post a Comment